I can’t find my About page on my blog so here it is again. Tell me there is a better way.
“Jim Whitescarver has been regarded to be technological “seer” for decades. He sees opportunities to create new and breakthrough types of systems. And he has the technical skills to build them.” – Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Starr Roxanne Hiltz. (from my LinkedIn page).
Work and Related Experience
Jim Whitescarver has a rich information technology and research background including 25 years research staff and adjunct faculty at NJIT, banking and brokerage, enterprise applications, web development and security.
After five years data processing experience when customer education was free to IBM customers, Jim attended IBM System Science Education (experience qualified for the degree prerequisite) where he emerged top of the class. Then Jim went back to school, doing largely independent study in computer science, and completed his major in Computer Science and minor in Electrical Engineering in 1979. He went on to take, and teach masters courses as research staff at NJIT. He is a charter member of the Phi Epson Phi computer science honor society..
Publications and Patents
- The Human Machine Interface in a Computerized Conferencing Environment. Proceedings IEEE Man and Cybernetics Conference (1977)
- Applications of Computer Conferencing for the Disadvantaged. ASIS Proceedings, Minneapolis Oct. 14 (1979)
- On the design of an Information Marketplace. ASIS Proceedings, Wash. D.C. Oct 25 (1981)
- The Resources Reference Guide, A Network Data Base. NJIT/CCCC Research Report 19 (1982)
- A Network Environment for Computer-Supported Collaborative Work. ACM SIGCOMM ’87 Proceedings, Stowe, Vermont, August 11 (1987)
- Computer-Mediate Communication and Developing Countries. Proceedings CC and Developing Countries, Oct 27, New Delhi, India (1987)
- A User Environment for Computer Supported Collaborative Work. ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, May (1988)
- EIES 2 A distributed Architecture for Supporting Group Work. NJIT/CCCC Research Report 28 (1992)
- EIES Smalltalk Programmer’s Manual,. NJIT/CCCC Technical Report (1992)
- Integration of Virtual Classroom and Multimedia on the Information Superhighway. Proceedings of ISMM Conference on Distributed Multi-media Systems and Applications, Aug 1994, Honolulu, Hawaii (1994)
- Integration of Simulations with the Internet for Distance Education. LAAS Conference on Computer Simulation, Beirut, Lebanon, Sept 1-4 (1995)
- From Isolation to Collaboration: A WWW Based Peer System. Proceedings of 2nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (1996)
- From Virtual Classroom to Hypermedia Virtual Classroom. Proceedings of 2nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (1996)
- Toward A Framework and Architecture for Internet-based ‘Evolutionary’ Collaboration. Proceedings of AIS97 (1997)
- An Architecture for Evolving a Knowledge Network through Internet Collaboration. Proceedings of !WebNet97 (1997)
- Developing a Web Object Architecture, Designing Internet Objects, Services and Workflow. Presented at MegaTech 2001 (2001)
- Back to the Network Nation Future: Web 0.1 = Web 3.0 ?, presented at, The Network Nation and Beyond, NJIT October 12- 13, 2007
Authentication techniques utilizing a computing device Patent number: 9021565 Issued: April 28, 2015